- Product Details
- Related Items
Part # 01A 13908
One 2 Pack Curtain Track Ceiling Clip Hangers for Grid Type Acoustic Ceiling Installations
We are proud to now offer our customers complete hospital curtain track kits in 16 of the most common sizes and layouts. This takes all the guess work out of determining what you need for most common installations. Click here to see our Curtain Track Kits.
- These ceiling clips are designed for attaching the curtain track that we sell to the Tee Track of a grid type acoustic tile ceiling commonly found in offices and other commercial buildings.
- These are heavy duty hangers that will easily handle the weight of our track system and curtains for years to come. You should only be limited by how sturdy your grid ceiling track is. You may need to install additional supports for the Tee Track you are attaching to but in most cases they are plenty sturdy enough.
- Click on the thumbnail images above to enlarge the pictures of a ceiling clip installed on a piece of track.
- The max width ceiling track width these clips will accomodate is 1" wide and it closed down to 1/2" wide in the slid in position. But the t-track would need to be wider than 1/2 to attach properly. Most standard ceiling grid T-track is 15/16" wide but please ensure you have the standard with ceiling grid track before ordering these.
The ceiling clips that we sell really simplify the installation of a hospital cubicle curtain track system onto a grid type acoustic ceiling. To install you drill a small hole every 30" minimum (or the proper distance so the clips line up with your ceiling grid) on your curtain track. Remove the screw holding the 2 halves of the ceiling clip together and insert it through the hole in the track, then screw it back into the ceiling clip hanger. Slide the clip out to it widest extension (approx. 1.25"). Snug the screw down. Install all the ceiling clips on your track in this manner. Now hold the track with the clips installed up next to the ceiling grid. Loosen a ceiling clip screw, slide the clip around the Grid Tee Track and then tighten the screw up. Repeat for each ceiling clip. Install a splicing clamp and repeat for the next piece of track or curve.
You can screw the track directly to the ceiling grid with self drilling screws but it can often damage the Tee Grid and cause drooping or even collapse, but this is the way a lot of contactors install on acoustic ceilings. We recommend the ceiling clips. It doesn't harm the grid ceiling and is easy to relocate if you decide to change your layout. They save enough time on the installation to pay for themselves.
- Flush Mount - If you have a sheetrock or plaster ceiling the curtain can be attached directly to the ceiling by drilling a hole through the track in the desired location and running a screw into a sheetrock anchor. You could alternatively find the ceiling joist and place a longer wood screw through the sheetrock an into the wood ceiling joist.
- Grid Ceilings - It can be attached to a grid type ceiling also known as acoustical tiles or hanging ceilings. This can be done two ways. You can drill a hole through the track an install a sheet metal screw directly into the grid. If you do not want to drill holes in the ceiling grid support you can purchase the "ceiling clips" from us that clamp onto the grid and them the track is attached to the ceiling clips with a screw that is provided with the ceiling clips. If you thing that you might want to relocate the track in the future use the ceiling clips so that you do not leave ugly holes in your ceiling grid when you move the track. The clips are also much faster to install.
- Suspended Track - This is generally used on high ceilings or when you have ceiling obstructions such as lighting or environmental ducting that prevents you from attaching directly to the ceiling. Truss style and/or vaulted ceilings. If the ceiling trusses are flat you can attach the track directly to the truss with whatever fastener best suits the application. If the trusses are uneven or if the ceiling has a vault or pitch to it you will need to suspend the curtain track. To do this you will need to purchase the ceiling flanges, suspension tubes and screw inserts that we sell on this site. These are basically a mounting flange that you mount to the ceiling and then a tube that drops down for the curtain track to attach to. You cut the suspension tubes off at the height that the track needs to hang, place a screw insert into the end of the tube and then run a screw through the track into the end of the suspension tube/screw insert.
- Custom Installations - The only limit is your imagination. It can be attached to any surface or even be inset or embedded into another surface. We have had customers install this track before hanging sheet rock on the ceiling and then plaster up over the edge of the track so that it appears to be "built it" to the ceiling. This is a lot of work but creates a very striking effect.
Be sure to read our Curtain Track Installation Tutorial and Help Page to ensure you have all the pieces and parts that you need for your installation.
If you have any question don't hesitate to call our knowledgeable customer service professionals for answers or advice at 1-800-804-9549 M-F 8am-6pm CST